Can We Really Trust God to Provide?
A few months ago God taught me a lesson in provision. One night we sat the third empty bottle of water by the door. The water truck hasn’t been by, so we are running low. We have one more bottle with water in it. Two months ago I would have panicked and made plans to disobey the curfew to go get water. Well, I would have sent Jason out to get water. I would have stressed, worried, and probably stayed up for hours in my bed until 2am thinking, “How will we get water!?” Instead, this time of isolation has taught me again and again God will provide.
The day I repeated Psalm 23 over and over again. God would provide. We will never lack when we trust Him. Praise be to the Lord. I knew, before the water truck arrived, that we would have water. Usually the water trucks come on Tuesday (this was Monday). So I waited excitedly to see how God would provide. I knew the water truck would be by. How? Because we needed water and always God provided what we needed. He has never NOT provided for us – so I could rest in this.
The water truck DID come by. I have to say, I was surprised and not surprised. I was thankful God proved Himself to me. He didn’t need to – I chose to trust before I knew, but I was happy to let me be reminded. If there was any doubt (and there might have been a little doubt), God removed it that day.
This resting in God’s provision was a lesson I didn’t know I needed to learn. Over the course of this COVID crisis I’ve seen God provide again and again. I wish I could list all of the ways God provided and continues to provide! Oh the kindness of God to teach me of His provision during this pandemic. What a good, good Father. Below you will find Six Psalms on Provision!
Six Psalms on Provision
- Praise the LORD, all you Gentiles! Laud Him, all you peoples! For His merciful kindness is great toward us, and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD! Psalm 117
- For God is my King, from of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. Psalm 74
- I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land…And with honey from the rock I would have satisfied you. Psalm 81
- I will lift up my eyes to the hills – from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121
- O give thanks to the Lord for He is good! For His mercy and love and kindness endures forever! Psalm 136
- The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23
What do you need today? Can you bring it to God in prayer and ask Him to provide?
If you need some encouragement, why don’t you download this FREE workbook!
Sarah E. Frazer is a writer and Bible study mentor at sarahefrazer.com. She is the wife of Jason and mother of five who all serve as full-time missionaries in Honduras. Her passion is to encourage women to fall in love with the Bible. Sarah is the author of several Bible study resources for women. She shares tools for deep-rooted Bible study at sarahefrazer.com. Follow her on Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/sarah_e_frazer) and join her free prayer challenge at sarahefrazer.com/prayer