10 of God’s Promises for You
One of the most frequent questions I hear God ask me is this: Do you trust My promises? Of course my heart would like to say, YES! Of course I trust Your promises. Unfortunately, my actions speak louder than my words. I worry, doubt, and try to manipulate my circumstances so that it doesn’t really look like I trust God’s promises. It is a teeter-totter of emotions, but really I need to hop off the playground and get to trusting my Heavenly Father.
Believing God’s promises is involves three steps:
- Know God’s promises.
- Remember God’s promises.
- Believe God’s promises.
I might not be able to help you with the third. In fact, I struggle the most in hanging on to trust and belief. But I do have some advice about that, if you read until the end. As for numbers one and two, I want to offer to help you know and remember God’s promises. I’ve come up with 10 (there could be literally 1000 more!) of God’s promises to us based on Scripture.
You can find the ten promises below or you can download this PDF which gives you the choice to print off or keep on your phone to read anytime you want!
10 of God’s Promises for YOU:
- God’s love endures forever. (Psalm 136; Isaiah 54:10)
- Mercy is available to everyone who repents. (I John 1:9; 2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 86:5)
- God never leaves. (Deuteronomy 31:8; Joshua 1:9, Hebrews 13:5)
- God provides strength for the weary. (Isaiah 40:31; 41:10)
- God is our rescue and protection. (Psalm 9:9-10; Psalm 107:13-16)
- God’s salvation is for the entire world. (John 3:16, 3:36)
- God will meet our needs. (Philippians 4:19)
- God is always comforting us. (Psalm 23:4, Psalm 27:1)
- God hears our prayers. (Psalm 34:17; Psalm 50:15)
- All things will work out for our good. (Romans 8:28; Psalm 31:19)
What promises would you add to this list? Do you believe that God’s promises are there for us to BELIEVE? There was a man in the New Testament who knew faith was the key to the healing of his son. He cried, “Lord, I believe, help my unbelief.” So we too, when we are drowning in sorrow, may we pray God to give us believe and faith and trust that we need.
It is not weakness to need more faith. It is strength to know where to find the faith we need: In God Himself. May we remember His promises. If you would like to download this list, click here!
Sarah E. Frazer is a writer and Bible study mentor at sarahefrazer.com. She is the wife of Jason and mother of five who all serve as full-time missionaries in Honduras. Her passion is to encourage women to fall in love with the Bible. Sarah is the author of several Bible study resources for women. She share tools for deep-rooted Bible study at sarahefrazer.com. Follow her on Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/sarah_e_frazer) and join her free prayer challenge at sarahefrazer.com/prayer